To see what’s happening at our restaurants, retailers, and specialty businesses, check out our blog.
Join us on the 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month for a rotating food truck featuring sweet treats!
Opening day is Thursday, February 15th, when Repicci’s Real Italian will be serving up gourmet Italian ice, gelato, gelati, and Italian-blended coffees. The Repicci’s food truck will be near The General Muir, located at 1540 Avenue Place, from 11:30 AM – 2 PM.
On March 1st, Chay J’s New Orleans Candies will be at Emory Point with their mobile candy store.
Bring your sweet tooth & we’ll see you there!
Tiffanie Barriere, aka The Drinking Coach, is back by popular demand to teach a new series of mixology classes at Emory Point.
These themed classes, held weekly in the Emory Point Residents Lounge on Thursdays from 5:30-6:30 PM, will help you up your mad drink-mixing skills, and include snacks and a Q&A session.
Here’s the schedule:
February 15th: Manhattan vs. Martini
Feb 22nd: No class this evening. Tiffanie is one of the featured culinary talents at the James Beard Foundation’s “Cast Iron Chronicles” collaborative dinner series!
March 1st: Retro Cocktails
March 8th: Brown Spirits vs. Clear Spirits
March 15th: Home Bar Stocking
March 22nd: Calories in Cocktails
March 29th: Egg White Cocktails
April 5th: On the Rocks!
April 12th: Bitter vs. Sweet
April 19th: Sake and Tea Cocktails, Southern Style
April 26th: Beer-tails!
What gets you into the free Mix ‘Em & Drink ‘Em classes are a ticket ($10 per person, per class) + two cans of food (also per person, per class) that we’ll donate to the Toco Hills Community Alliance.
Space is limited, so reserve yours at Eventbrite now.
Here’s a look at the Emory Point events from 2017.
#EPStylishSanta, the man who puts the ooh la la in everyone’s holiday ho ho ho, returned to Emory Point on several occasions in 2017 and helped us to raise funds for American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge.
In addition to taking selfies with Stylish Santa, visitors to Emory Point enjoyed live music from Lilac Wine, got gifts wrapped for free, participated in free yoga classes at Empower Yoga and mixology classes with top Atlanta mixologist Tiffanie Barriere, aka The Drinking Coach, and much more!
And five lucky people among the folks who follow us on Facebook and Instagram won $50 gift cards to Strippaggio, Marlow’s Tavern, Loft, Empower Yoga, and Earth Fare during our “5 Days of Giveaways” promotion!
On November 15th, Emory Point hosted America Recycles Day 2017 in partnership with Emory University’s Sustainability Initiatives to support America Recycles Day. All of the items that people could bring to be recycled are listed this page.
We don’t have the numbers yet for the 2017 event, but last year attendees from up and down the Clifton Corridor brought a collective…
- 8000 pounds of electronic recyclables
- 200 pairs of shoes for charitable donation
- 2 truckloads of personal documents for safe and secure shredding
- 8 truckloads of other households items for recycling
And America Recycles Day at Emory Point 2016 won the HHS Green Champion Award in the Environmental Stewardship by a Group category!
Check out the pictures from last year!
Empower Yoga held its second annual series of Yoga in the Park on the last three Saturday mornings in September on the lawn at Emory Point. These proved to be so popular that they added all four Saturdays in October, too!
The bonus: Attendees who brought a buddy to all three Saturdays in September were entered in a drawing to win an annual Empower Yoga membership, valued at $1,199!
Every (free) ticket for the 2017 Emory Point Fall Festival, held on October 28th, was gone in a flash. Typically an outdoor affair, this year’s festival was held indoors in the space beside Art of Wax due to rain.
Folks came by the spooktacular event for tasty food and drinks from Boruboru Sushi (which was concurrently celebrating its 1-year anniversary at Emory Point), music from Lilac Wine, and great giveaways from Emory Point retailers and restaurants. They also painted pumpkins from Earth Fare, got their faces painted by Emily J. Aveda artists, and won fabulous prizes!
Here are some pics from the event.
Attendees learned to take their meals from boring and bland to delicious and nutritious with five simple sauces they learned to make in the new cooking class co-hosted by The Clean Plate Club Atl, Strippaggio, and Emory Point on October 5th.
The sauces — each featuring a Strippagio Olive Oil or Balsamic Vinegar and all being gluten-free — uses simple, fresh ingredients that are easy to find. When the sauces are paired with other ingredients, such as pasta, fish, chicken or vegetables, meals pop!
- Basic basil pesto sauce
- Balsamic mustard sauce
- Pistachio Salsa Verde
- Herbed Lime Dressing
- Pea Puree
Mary Kay Andrews visited Emory Point as part of her book tour for The Beach House Cookbook, her latest publishing sensation.
The free event, jointly hosted by Strippaggio Artisan Oils and Marlow’s Tavern, happened on September 1st, and included a book signing and book giveaway, as well as a lucky attendee winning their very own Big Green Egg!
A total eclipse of the sun is a rare phenomenon, and scores of people popped by Emory Point for our Eclipse Day festivities on August 21st. Some watched the eclipse with protective glasses while DIYers made pinhole cameras. And everyone enjoyed the free MoonPies and live music by Lilac Wine, and appreciated the coupons that Empower Yoga Emory Point handed out in Emory Point mugs.
The Emory Point Grillin’ & Chillin’ events held in 2016 were such a success that we hosted another set on May 11th, June 8th, June 29th, and July 13th!
Grillin’ & Chillin’ — Emory Point’s signature foodie fundraising series — returned with top Atlanta-area chefs and mixologists (most of whom partnered with Emory Point last year) giving their time to serve up more fabulous food and delicious drinks to raise funds for local nonprofits. Popular jazz bands added harmony and melody to the feasting fun.
Attendees ate well and drank well during Grillin’ & Chillin’, held in the Park at Emory Point. They did good works at the same time, too, because 100% of their ticket purchases were donated to local nonprofits supported by the chefs. And several attendees won their very own MiniMax Big Green Egg!
Here’s a recap of the Summer 2017 Grillin’ & Chillin’ events:
- Chefs: Savannah Sasser, Executive Chef of Hampton + Hudson Community Bar and Restaurant, and Jenn “Chef of the Farmers” Robbins
- Menu: Green Garlic Chicken Sausage with Grilled Potato Salad and Local Greens & Grilled Asparagus Salad; Upside-Down Blueberry Cornmeal Cake with Buttermilk Ice Cream
- Mixologist: Tiffanie “The Drinking Coach” Barriere
- Band: Lilac Wine
- Nonprofit Supported: Slow Food Atlanta
- Chefs: Chef Rusty Bowers, owner of Pine Street Market, and Jeff Sellers, Executive Chef of Leon’s Full Service
- Menu: Smoked Chicken Sausage with Bacon and Sage; Late Spring Harvest Grill with Fresh Herbs, Chili Honey; Melon Salad with Leon’s Coppa, Summer Greens; Cast Iron Peach Delight
- Mixologist: Rick Blumburg of Marlow’s Tavern
- Band: Lilac Wine
- Nonprofit Supported: of Decatur Education Foundation.
- Chef: Todd Ginsber, owner and chef of The General Muir
- Menu: Beer Can Chicken; Bean Salad; Potato Salad; Chocolate Pudding
- Mixologist: Drew Kitchens, also of The General Muir
- Band: The Mar-Tans
- Nonprofit supported: Hope Lodge
- Chefs: Executive Chef Jason Jiminez of Kitchen Six and Chef Evan Cordes of Cast Iron
- Menu: Chicken with Salsa Verde; Smoked Potato Salad with Crème Fraiche and Bacon; Grilled Radicchio with Pickled Mushrooms and Charred Tomato; Boozy Grilled Fruit Dutch Babies
- Mixologist: Jerry Slater, co-author of the new book, The Southern Foodways Alliance Guide to Cocktails (who taught a series of cocktail classes at Emory Point in 2016)
- Band: Lilac Wine
- Nonprofit supported: Farmer Fund
Emory Point, in partnership with Emory University, hosted activities in support of Bike to Work Day.
Folks joined us on Friday, May 19th, from 7-9:00 AM, in the Park at Emory Point for the following:
- Bike repair done by Emory University’s Emory Spokes Council and Bicycle South
- Breakfast bagels and other goodies from The General Muir
- Yoga classes led by instructors from Empower Yoga
You can learn more about National Bike Month and National Bike to Work Week by visiting bikeleague.org.
Attendees cleared their clutter at our Spring 2017 Recyclers Day at Emory Point — our third community recycling event in a year — on Thursday, April 13th, from 11:30 AM – 6:30 PM.
We had trucks next to the Park at Emory Point to collect recyclables, and people brought clothing, media, electronics, paper, household items, and more to be recycled.